Laser Treatment For Toenail Fungus
Fungal toenail infections also known as onychomycosis is an infection between the nail and the nail bed. Symptoms of a fungal nail infection are discoloration of the nail (white, yellow, or even brown), change in shape of the nail, thickening of the nail, crumbling, brittleness, foul odor, and pain when wearing shoes.
Causes of Fungal Nails
- Pedicures at nail salon-no proper cleaning and sterilizing of instruments.
- Living an active lifestyle-fungi thrive in gyms, pools and shower rooms.
- Other health problems-poor circulation, diabetes, peripheral vascular disease.
- Improper footwear-tight fitting shoes, dirty shoes and socks, sharing shoes with others.
Treatments for Fungal Nails
- Laser Treatment
- Antifungal Topicals-which includes creams, lotions, and ointments.
- Oral medications.
What Makes Our Treatments Different
Dr. Hollander has put together a treatment algorithm that has proven to be successful. With a combination of various treatments available combined with the laser treatment, we have had greater success at getting rid of nail fungus.
If you are ready to get rid of your ugly toenails contact out office for more information and appointments, (707)-578-1222.
Alma H, P.M.A.